COMSOL 5.5 Update 1 installed on 16-01-2020
All COMSOL® software products undergo stability improvements that are introduced as updates. The following list contains the most important improvements in COMSOL® version 5.5 update 1.
- For the PID Controller add-in, the coefficients of the proportional and integral terms have changed signs to conform with standard conventions, and it is no longer necessary to specify units for coefficients or terms with the value 0.
- The system requirements for the license manager have been expanded to now also support Debian® 6, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®/CentOS 6, and SUSE® Enterprise Linux® 11.4 and newer.
- For standalone applications compiled with the Download option, stability was improved for the download of COMSOL Runtime™.
Heat Transfer Module
- For radiation in semitransparent media, wavelength-dependent properties for 2D axisymmetric geometries are now enabled.
- The derivative-free optimization methods now support the Polynomial Boundary shape optimization feature.